Happy Monday, y’all! I hope you had a great Easter weekend (or just a great weekend) surrounded by loved ones!
A long, long time ago
in a galaxy far, far away when my cooking skills were still very much sub-par, I was dating Chris. Like, freshly dating. Like, within three months. And, I, the genius that I was/am, decided to make him dessert to celebrate the end of finals week.
Did I mention that I was in a terrible rental kitchen with no discernible cooking skills?
Oh good. Just wanted to make sure that we were all on the same page.
Anyways. This was PP (pre-Pinterest) so I honestly have zero recollection on how I found the recipe for a S’Mores pie that was no-bake and only required minimum ingredients. I’m sure my random find of a pre-made graham cracker pie crust was a huge part of this decision, though. At the time, I was astonished – they make pre-made pie crusts?!
Oh, 21-year-old Ashley. You had so much to learn.
About a month ago, I was perusing the gluten-free aisle at the fancy Hy-Vee when I came across (*gasp*) a gluten-free pre-made graham cracker crust. Shut.the.front.door. I had only attempted making my own GF graham cracker crust and it was, to say the least, an epic failure.
It took me a month of convincing myself, but I bring you Gluten-Free S’Mores pie. This ish is, for sure, not low-calorie, not vegan, and is basically all-sugar. But it IS no-bake, has only four (4!!) ingredients, and is a cinch to prep.
(1) Remove lid from pie crust (obviously very important)
(2) In a large-ish soup pot, combine milk, chocolate chips and marshmallows over low heat. Continuously (and slowly) stir until the components are melted together.
(3) Pour in chocolate-mallow mixture into pie crust.
(4) Chill in the fridge for 4+ hours. Put the lid back on it so sneaky husbands/roommates/you don’t go tasting it before it’s ready.
Some important notes here —
- This makes a TON of chocolate-mallow mix. So, what I like to do is pour it in small decorative bowls for a play on chocolate mousse/pudding. Or, you can reduce the amount of ingredients.
- I used a whole bag of mallows, but I think you could get away for using a bit less. The pie itself was perfect and held together, but I’m sure you could have it be a bit less gelatinous.