While it may sound cliche – 2013 FLEW by. Seriously, where did this year go? I look back and think that some parts took forever, but then I also feel as if I was thinking about my top moments of 2012 and my goals in 2013. I didn’t achieve some of my 2013 goals, but I’m totally cool with that because we did some pretty great things in 2013.
- I ran an effing marathon. I still can’t believe that I propelled myself 26.2 miles under my own power. That race was the hardest (and probably dumbest) thing I’ve ever done in my entire life and I am still on the fence whether or not I want to do another one ever in my existence. IF I decide to run another full marathon, it will be in the fall because training through what was the never ending winter of 2013 was rough stuff.
- We lived in Europe for 2 months. I’m totally allowed to say we lived there because we didn’t have an address to call our own back in the States.
- I changed my blog name. (And, fair warning, will probably do so again next summer!)
- I won my age group in a local 10K (Garmin time of 48:14)
- I PR’d in the 10K (48:14) and in the half-marathon (1:48:13)
- I became a part of the girls cross country coaching staff and had one of the best fall semesters EVER.
- I grew closer to the husband, figured out what really matters in life, rekindled some old friendships, started some new ones, and generally became more comfortable with myself.
So, what’s on the agenda for 2014? I guess you’ll just to come back to find out. 🙂