Let’s be honest. September wasn’t great for my monthly goals. I had really amazing ones and I had a success rate of 45-50%. Woof.
1. I stayed somewhat on track with training and my race went well (1:49:18). I’m definitely looking forward to our Madison race in November (cool weather, rad course).
2. Date night? We’re lucky to have dinner together after practice.
3. I did hang out with two local girlfriends last month. Go me! I need, desperately, to see one of my girlfriends in IC though. We’ve been passing the rain checks back and forth for the last month.
4. I had a phone date with one far-away friend that we had to rain check and I did call another unexpectedly. It was for a huge, massive favor, but I’m really excited to see her this upcoming weekend!
5. HAHAHAHAHAHA. Epic fail on this one. I’ve been a total stress case.
Hopefully, this month will be better. And without further ado:
1. Wait…didn’t I just finish a race? Yup, and I’ve got another one lined up for November 10th. C & I are going to Madison so he can complete his second (!!) full marathon and my fourth half marathon. I have never done two major races in one season, so I’m still trying to figure out the best way to recover, retrain, and retaper for November 10th.
2. This will always be an ongoing challenge as my work schedule and my friend’s work schedules don’t always line up. I did chat with a girlfriend yesterday so already October is a success! AND, I’m going to Milwaukee this weekend (again) to spend time with another friend. #winning
3. September was crazy busy with cross country, school (for us both), and C going to Boston. This month will be better!
4. I miss Yoga. Desperately. Coaching ends at 6:00pm. Class is at 5:45. Shucks. The season ends this month (which I sad about), but it’ll be nice to be able to go to class again.
What are some of your goals this month?