Woo! My third half-marathon is in the books!
Monday – 1 mile run along the XC course to report back to the team.
Tuesday & Wednesday – Stood at practice
Thursday – 2 mile easy run with XC girls
Friday – 3.56 mile long run with the M1’s (first year MS XC girls)
Saturday (not sure why it’s showing up on Sunday) – Brewers Mini-Marathon!
Milwaukee is my most favorite city in the world and this race is only two years old. While it’s a great race, it still has some major kinks to work out. The course passes by loads of Milwaukee landmarks and I studied this diligently:
What I did not study was this:
OUCH. This was hilly, but the challenge made it much more fun. I wish I had been able to take pictures during the race, but I super focused (as seen below):
Post-race official photo:
Thanks to Beth for this photo of C & I. We are pooped.
- Fun scenery
- Tons of aid stations with water & Gatorade
- Get to run on the field of Miller Park
- Great tailgate party at the end
- Unofficial results immediately when you finish
- Sweet swag & race tech shirt
- Digital swag bag
- Starts early
- Free parking
- The highway exit line was a mile long and closed at a specific time, which was an issue
- Need something like Gu in the last half of the race
- The last 0.2 miles had a hard right turn which caused a bottleneck effect and slowed all the runners down at the end
- Beer line at the end was too long – needs more vendors
- Needed the misting stations – 65 & sunny on concrete is like 85 degree conditions
All in all, I had a great time and would run it again.
How were your workouts last week? Did you race? Do you have one soon? Link up with Jen & I!