This week has gone by so quickly! It’s our last week of vacation and of our trip. I know I said I’m ready to come home, but I will miss some things about Europe. Once we return to Iowa, then it’s all hands on deck until next June. Woohoo!
Here’s my highlights from this week:
- We went to the Musee d’Orsay and saw tons of paintings from my favorite impressionist painters – Renoir and Monet. I especially love the lilly pads and the bridge paintings by Monet so seeing them in person was awesome!
- Took an afternoon to reconnect with C over wine and fashion photography.
- Had a quintessentially French day by going shopping, having an apertif, apples, and brie at home before going out to dinner on Thursday.
- We went to the Catacombs in Paris – I know it’s creepy, but I think the bones there are really really interesting.
- And this afternoon (the best for last (!!)), we went to Helmut Newcake for lunch. It’s an entirely gluten-free eatery and pastry shop. It.was.heaven. We both had the quiche (with a crust!) and a different kind of pastry. They were divine. And then we bought four pastries pour emporter. I’m not sure how long those will last.
What was your top moment from this week?