I am a Type-A planner. I am the epitome of a list-maker. It used to be so I could feel organized. Now it’s so I remember to actually do it. Making mental notes doesn’t cut it anymore. (Wow, do I feel old…). I’m also a firm believer in goal setting. So much so that I almost squealed in delight when my building adopted SMART goals this past school year. So, without further ado…
A bit more explanation:
- Scotland is our “vacation within our vacation”. C is presenting a paper at a conference and then we are taking the rest of the week to do fun stuff. There are no archives to visit so C doesn’t have to work! I’ve heard great things about the town we’ll be spending the most time in, so we’ll definitely explore Edinburgh a lot as well as take a train to the coast to do a bit of hiking.
- Two years ago, while we were in Lyon, I bought the most beautiful leather Longchamp handbag. I bought (almost) nothing else that entire trip so I could afford that bag. I’ve probably used it less than 20 times since which is a shame. I’m almost scared to use it because it is so nice! (The first goal, when we return state-side is to begin using that bag more, by the way). Anyways, since I was a student at Marquette, I lusted over the nylong Longchamp Le Pilage bags. While doing some research the other day, it turns out they are cheaper in Europe even with the conversion rate by almost $50! I will most definitely be doing some bag purging when we return, but it will be worth it for my new-soon-to-be school bag. (But, wait, didn’t you just purchase that huge Lands End canvas bag? Yes, that will become our grocery store bag. Duh.)
- It turns out that there are many certified gluten-free restaurants in Paris. We’ve been saving tons of money by eating in while in Auch so we could go out to eat more in Scotland and Paris. Even C is excited about the gluten-free restaurants because he knows that everything will be safe for me to eat and enjoy!
- By some stroke of luck, we’ll be in Paris at the end of the Tour de France. Enough said, right?
- To be honest, I’m not the most adventurous person. If I can achieve going to a foreign cafe, ordering with a small amount of confidence and leisurely reading a book on our kindle, that will be one of my most fantastic accomplishments!
As I was making this list, I realized how unique it is. I will probably never be able to create such a list again! Wow.
What are your goals for this month?
Would you be interested in doing a monthly link-up?