Linking up The Lauren Elizabeth
- On one of my many adventures to the speciality grocery store, I came across these words right below the Cathedral. They’re in Latin so I have no idea what they said, but was proud of myself for exploring a bit more on my own.
- I changed my blog name and I’m SO pleased! It makes me giddy to think about how much more “at peace” I am after my blogging identity crisis.
- This meal. Oh dear. All day Friday (I’m about 7 hours ahead of Iowa) it poured. I felt terrible for C as he walked the almost 3 miles to the archives and back. He came home early for lunch and I had this delicious mushroom risotto waiting. With some sauteed ham and green beans, it hit the spot. The glass of wine also helped. We’re in France, therefore drinking wine at lunch is necessary.
- These stairs are a major attraction in Auch. The town believes that it is the origin of one of the three Musketeers and has a statue dedicated to said musketeer at the top of 74 steps (not including the landings). I made this a pit-stop on my run yesterday. Definitely worth the extra bit of workout. 🙂
- This sandwich is to die for. Schar Ertha bread (not available in the US – boo!) with a bit of Boursin Garlic and Herb cheese, a slice of in-season tomato and mashed avocado. I’ve had it twice this week. C recommends it on a baguette if you’re not gluten-intolerant. I’m fairly certain he didn’t even mind it was vegetarian.
Tomorrow is the huge Saturday open-air market in the town square. We ran into it last week when we were getting Euros, but had already gone grocery shopping. Although, that didn’t stop us from buying two baskets of strawberries (which were the freshest I’ve ever had in my life!). I’m definitely bringing our nice (new Canon DSLR) camera with us tomorrow. Everything was so colorful and fragrant. I can’t wait to get some necessities tomorrow and share them with you!