We have explored the flexitarian lifestyle for two weeks now. And we are both loving it. I made this for dinner on Sunday night and it had rave reviews. It tastes healthy (but not in a bad way), is made in the crock pot and is incredibly cheap to make! Oh, and it’s going to feed us 2.5 times! Winner!
Adapted from The Nest:
- 2 15-oz cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 28-oz can of diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 16-oz package of frozen stir-fry veggies
- 2 cups frozen okra
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- Throw everything in crockpot for 5.5-6 hours on low heat.
- Serve over rice or starch of choice.