This is the first meat dish we’ve had all week! And I may have gone a little overboard. C was very patient in having vegetarian dishes for three nights in a row. We normally don’t eat shrimp, but the thought of a surf-and-turf stir fry was too good to pass up. 🙂
Beef & Shrimp Stir Fry (Serves 4)
- 2 Tblsp sesame oil, divided
- 5 oz steak, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 stalk of kale, rinsed and ripped into medium-sized pieces
- 1 large bag of frozen stir-fry veggies (I used Great Value Deluxe Stir-Fry…fancy!)
- 6 oz cooked, deveined, tail-off shrimp
- 1/3 cup La Choy Lite soy sauce
- 1/3 cup gluten-free Hoisin sauce
- Garlic Powder
- Ground ginger
- Using a large saute pan over medium heat, brown the steak pieces on all sides in 1 tablespoon of oil. Season with all three spices.
- Add in kale and heat until it’s wilted.
- Add other tablespoon of oil and dump all the frozen veggies. Season with all three spices. Stir occasionally until the veggies are tender.
- At this point, add the shrimp and cook until the shrimp either burst along the spine or are almost complete circles. (Season again here if you want)
- Add sauces and stir until everything is completely heated through.
- Serve over rice of choice.