…or how I need to start enjoying running again.
I had spring break this past week. And with a whole week with no teaching, I was really looking forward to sleeping in, getting in some killer workouts and completing some work in advance.
Let’s recap what happened, shall we?
Monday: Short and sweet 3.55mile run. No watch.
Tuesday: Rest day.
Wednesday: 5.52 mile run. No watch.
Thursday: Ran 7.3 (no watch!) because I needed to meet C to watch our alma mater play an embarrasing game of basketball. Marquette advances to the round of 32.
Friday: Quick 4.16 mile run (no watch) before a friend of mine got to town.
Saturday: Hot Yoga class at a studio by my home. My friend came with and was super fun…and free!
Sunday: Nothing. Planned out 18 mile run. Snowed all day. Stressed out thinking about even changing into my running clothes. Decide to take mental health day.
Aside from the obvious negatives (mileage was low, didn’t get the long run in, it’s still freaking snowing out), I’m going to focus on the positives here…
- I ran stress-free this week. Not wearing a watch was crucial.
- I’m becoming more “one with the run”. I’m focusing more on my form, breathing, and body messages.
- I’m trying to listen to my muscles when they need a break. My tush and hamstrings are tight. I took Sunday off in order heal up for the last five weeks (whoa!) of training.
- I went to my first hot yoga class and LOVED it. I had gone to a hot pilates class before and enjoyed that as well. I will definitely be going back to Zenergi!
The rest of my life:
- I have a four-day school week.
- One of my college BFF’s visited.
- I’m going to France this summer.
How did your training go? Are you mind over matter or do you listen to your body/muscles? Tell me all about it by linking up and grabbing a button!
<div align="center"><a href="https://ashleyinmke.wordpress.com" title="The Preppy Runner"><img src="https://ashleyinmke.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/marathonmondaysbutton.jpg" alt="The Preppy Runner" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
PPS: Have you entered the Target & Starbucks giveaway yet? 🙂