Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Are you feeling lucky? Because you should! Also, why is mint associated with St. Patrick’s Day? Because it’s green?
Ingredients (Makes 16 cupcakes):
- Chocolate cake mix of choice (I swear by Kinnickkinnick for gluten free!)
- Ingredients called for on back of box
- 2 containers vanilla icing (or you could make your own)
- Green food coloring
- 2 tsp. peppermint extract
- Prepare cupcakes as directed on box (side note: I used 1/4 cup of batter for each cupcake). Let cool completely.
- While cupcakes are cooking, combine 1/2 cup of frosting, add 6 drops green food coloring and 2 tsp peppermint extract. Mix well.
- In order to get the filling into the cupcake, take a small, sharp paring knife and insert it approximately 1/4 inch from edge of cupcake at a 45 degree angle. Cut in a circle. Remove cone.
- Carefully cut off tip of cone.
- Put a dollop of green colored mint frosting in the hole you just created.
- Replace top of cupcake. You cut off the tip of the cone so you could have more room for green frosting.
- Frost with white frosting.
C had to ask if these were gluten free. Calling this my lucky day. 🙂
From this Irish lass to you, have a wonderful and safe St. Patrick’s Day.