We had our third snow day today of the school year. This is the most snow days I’ve ever had in my entire life. I had my first snow day in college, true story. My grade school and high school were affiliated with a local university and we were on campus. So, we had school every.day. It was major news when the school shut down for a snow day two years ago. All of the alumni were shocked. Anyways…
Snow days call for cookies and soup. And, I came up with an awesome recipe (with a cake mix base!) just for the occasion.
One box gluten-free chocolate cake mix
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted (not pictured)
3 large eggs
3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Combine cake mix, butter, and eggs. I used my stand mixer with the flat paddle attachment.
- Carefully fold in chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour (this will make the dough easier to handle).
- About 20 minutes before you’d like to start baking, pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll a heaping tablespoon of cookie dough for each cookie. I could fit 13 on a sheet. The dough is extremely sticky!
- Bake for 9 minutes. Let cool on sheet for 4-5 minutes. Transfer to wire rack and cool completely.
- Makes 30 cookies.
That takes care of the cookies, but what about the soup? We’ll be having leftovers of this tonight and you can find the recipe here.
The modifications I made were…I added 1/2 cup more chicken stock and only used 2 cups heavy whipping cream and used GF flour.
Do you live somewhere where there’s snow? What’s your ideal snow day?