I am really over this whole winter thing. Can it be spring yet? But, on my 17 mile run today, I realized that there are some positives to training for a spring marathon in the dead of winter.
- No need for an ice bath! – After a long run, you can simply collapse into the nearest snow bank and ice your joints and muscles.
- You never need to worry about over heating!
- Less sweating!
- Your Gatorade will always stay cool and Gummy Bears always chewy.
- People who don’t shovel – The snow compacts, melts, re-freezes and becomes a winter version of a slip and slide.
- So.much.clothing – I’m looking forward to a tank top, shorts, and shoes. That’s it. None of this tights, three layers, hats, gloves, etc.
- Blocked intersections – I’ve rediscovered my ability to hurdle over mounds of snow.
Until next time, loves!