You know…for someone who cannot eat gluten, I have a major affinity for carbs.
Pizza, pasta, cookies, cupcakes, cake (totally different) and bread. Glorious, glorious bread. So, when I saw a biscuit recipe on Pinterest that had four (4!) ingredients and was made with Bisquick, I felt the
overwhelming need to make it gluten free. Tonight. For dinner.
GF Sprite Biscuits (Adapted from Plain Chicken)
- 2 cups GF Bisquick
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Sprite
- 1/4 cup (half stick) butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 450
- Cut sour cream into bisquick
- Add sprite, mix well
- Spread out on Bisquick-ed surface. Pat down to about 1/2 inch thickness and cut into squares (I made six huge squares).
- Put melted butter in an 8×8 square glass pan.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes – until golden brown.
C and I enjoyed this pre-dinner with Cinnamon Sugar butter. Fairly easy to make and so delicious! Enjoy this soon!
*Update (02/01/13)! The leftover dough holds fairly well in the fridge. I made a second batch of biscuits the next evening, but the dough was much stickier than previously. I did not cut it into squares and instead put the whole mess in the pan and made one huge biscuit. It cut easily when i took it out of the oven and was still delicious.