I love getting Christmas cards. It really makes the season feel more festive and I totally gush over the pictures of the small children of our family friends. This year, C and I (finally) ordered a batch for ourselves and I’m so excited about it! In years past, we have just thrown the cards into a pile (I know – I’m so ashamed). But this year, I was determined to make a fun, festive, decoration to hang our cards on.
- Christmas themed bag with ribbon handle
- Mini clothespins
- Ribbon of contrasting color (I chose silver to match the wording)
- Hot Glue
- Cut bottom of bag off. Then, cut bag so that you have two equal parts.
- Choose which side of bag you’re going to use. Then, remove ribbon.
- Cut a piece of contrasting ribbon about 4 feet long.
- Underneath one of the flaps, glue ribbon down. Then, glue flap on top of ribbon.
- Repeat on other side.
- Reattach original ribbon through the handle-holes…this will be how you hang it!
- Using a ruler, measure every 4″ and mark it with a ballpoint pen.
- Hot glue mini clothespin on mark so that just the mouth of the clothespin is sticking out.
- Repeat at least 9 more times for that side.
- Then, repeat clothespin process for the other ribbon.
Voila – Our finished product!
Total cost of this project? Less than 5 dollars (I used the silver ribbon for our tree too!). JoAnn Fabric’s is having a massive 60% off all christmas stuff – so go now!