Fact: I love to bake.
Fact: I have a thing for sugar.
Fact: I love making other people happy.
When my school decided to form the 9th grade staff into cross-curricular teams, I was pretty pumped. Not so much for the fact that I would be collaborating and planning a massive cross-curricular project with some great teachers, nor was it because we would all have the same group of 115 students. No, I was more excited about baking for their birthdays and/or team meetings. I’ve baked so much that they’ve nicknamed me Betty. Our social studies teacher’s birthday was this past Friday. Because our team meeting was on Wednesday, I baked up some of these beauties for him and the rest of our team.
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Snicker Cupcakes
*Note, you can either go with a cake mix or your from-scratch chocolate cake recipe of choice. I used what I had in my pantry.*
- Jules Gluten Free Cake Mix
- 2 Cups of sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoons of Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup
- 1/4 cup of Hershey’s Cocoa
- 1 cup Resees peanut butter chips
- Frosting of choice (I used store-bought)
- 24 fun-sized Snicker bars
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Make chocolate cake batter as directed on package or recipe of choice.
- Mix in 1 cup of peanut butter chips.
- Evenly distribute between 24 lined cupcake slots.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until fork comes out clean.
- After baking, allow cupcakes to cool no more than 5 minutes in pan, then take out and let cool completely on wire rack.
- In the meantime, take your 24 fun-sized Snicker bars, and chop them into quarters.
- After the cupcakes are done cooling, frost with frosting of choice, then garnish with Snicker pieces.
I got rave reviews from my team members. I thought they were pretty good too. I can tell because the extra 18 in our fridge are disappearing rapidly. I think C has been eating them for lunch (“They don’t taste gluten free!” he says – SUCCESS.)
In other news, I got my confirmation email from Foodie Penpals today! I’m so excited to be a part of this – you have NO idea. I get my match on Monday and I’m already planning on what I’m going to put in the box I send!
Also, on Day 3 of 30 days of Thankfulness – I’m thankful for my friendships. My girlfriends mean the world to me and I’m so happy that they are in my life! I think you meet everyone for a reason.